baxi solo 3 not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a baxi solo 3 boiler but it does not work all the lights come on apart from the burner one and there is a clicking sound abit like a flint sound on a lighter ? any ideas

thanks

Sponsored Links
sounds like the pilot is trying but failing to light.

check you have gas. if you have then phone a corgi as thats pretty much as far as you can go.

The plumber who installed the boiler called yesterday he said it was an electrical fault not gas so call an electrician ? great help at least he didnt charge me

get a proper corgi reg engineer who knows something about boilers. that bloke clearly knew nothing or couldnt be bothered.

check you have gas first!!!

electrician :LOL:

edit.....i just noticed he installed it.....im guessing he couldnt be bothered.

Sponsored Links
definately got gas and he did check the pilot light was clean then he rushed off on holiday at least i know its not a gas problem? he did mention quickly thermal coupling i think thats what he said??

can you see the pilot light?

if the pilot light is lit and the boiler is still sparking then it doesnt realise the pilot is lit.

i dont see many of these and cant remember the exact details of the innards but you are probably looking at a faulty PCB or flame detection electrode.

unless you are particularly handy with the tools you will need someone in to sort it.

The pilot needs cleaning or the electrode lead is not securely connected to the electrode

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back