BAXI SOLO 3 50 PF on/off/on/off/on/off

njw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been having issues with the boiler (Baxi Solo 3 50 PF) in a rented property that I moved into on 7th December 2013.

Since moving in, the boiler clicks on and off for periods of time, numerous times during the day.

The issue was supposedly a problem with the thermostat, which was supposed to have been fixed this morning, though it seems the boiler is still lighting for 1 minute and then turning off for a minute and so on, repeatedly over and over continuously this evening from 6pm until now which is 9.30pm and it's still behaving in this pattern!

Please can anyone advise? I'm sure the boiler behaving this way can not be normal.

Sponsored Links
AFAIK these boilers have no anti-cycle function so until a room stat or boiler stat stop it; then it may be just how it works, however it could also mean that there are other issues such as poor flow caused by bad design, weak pump or sludge in the system.

I've been having issues with the boiler (Baxi Solo 3 50 PF) in a rented property that I moved into on 7th December 2013.

Since moving in, the boiler clicks on and off for periods of time, numerous times during the day.

Please can anyone advise? I'm sure the boiler behaving this way can not be normal.

google "short cycling"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back