Baxi Solo 3 fires and stops repeatedly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with a Baxi Solo 3, that starts and fires fine, but after a couple of minutes fires and stops repeatedly
water circulation ok (no air locks, rads heating). PCB replaced. I was wondering could it be the boiler thermistor sensor. Anybody any ideas?

Sponsored Links
to be honest it sounds like a intermitant pcb. quite a common problem with the solo3. It may well not be but it is a very common problem. and expensive as well.shame i just sold a 2nd hand pcb for one of these on ebay for £10 as well. :mad:

another problem with the solo was pilot solenoid valve play up sometimes.

Sponsored Links
A new A.P.S was bought out for this model. Cant remember the exact part number but it was something like 511**** its printed on a yellow label on the A.P.S . Check your A.P.S for label if its the old number change it. Also check all air pressure tubes and connectors for splits, cracks etc. :D

How`s the fishing in ireland at the moment :?:

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Will follow up and report how I get on. It will be about a week as I'm off on holiday.

Fishing must be good at the moment as a friend of mine who never catches anything caught 2 sea trout at Ballymoney Wexford last week . ;) [/img]

Right on the button Poxy. Very slight crack on APS tube and everybody's happy. Thanks guys [/img]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back