Baxi Solo 3 PF - Won't re-start once run

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been doing some work in an (empty) rental property. I told the owners that I would leave the heating ticking over to try and prevent any problems.

Yesterday I had the heating running for an hour or so, with the Programmer 'On', however when I switched the Programmer to 'Auto' the boiler stopped and will not re-start. The boiler On LED is lit but the fan does not start (even if I put the programmer back to 'On')

I left it off over night and went back today. Exactly the same thing happened, although I switched the Programmer from 'On' to 'Auto' after a minute. The boiler is definately receiving a call for heat.

The only other thing I noticed is that when I returned today the pump appeared to be running, despite the programmer being off.

Any obvious causes? As the last one to touch the system I feel responsible for at least trying to identify the problem.

Thanks, Jon.

Sponsored Links
Here's the solution in case anyone else is stuck.

Boiler needed a new APS. The old one was sticking open, and the boiler wouldn't relight. Leaving the boiler off overnight was allowing the switch to unseize.

(According to the BG engineer)

Sounds reasonable to me.The APS has to prove position B4 the ignition process starts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back