Baxi Solo 60 doesnt seem to have gas supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So we turned our boiler off over summer and as work was being done outside I took the oppertunity to replace the gas meter box which was falling off the wall, not that this probably has much relevance but obviously I turned the mains supply off while I did this. Gas meter is now properly secured and there is supply through the meter.

Inside I try and turn the boiler on and it sparks to light the pilot light but I see no pilot light and although the boiler fan seems to start up I don't leave it running long as I am not sure what damage could be done if there is no gas.

My question is - is there some safety feature maybe which has 'locked' the gas supply preventing the boiler from firing up?

Any suggestions appreciated.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
if you have a baxi solo 60 PF which it sounds like then the reset is to turn the temp control to zero then back to what it was at but doesnt sound like an overheat fault but worth a try

Yes that is the model and thanks for replying! You are also correct about the reset but I think that only applies after an overheat situation. Right now it seems I can turn it on and off as much as I like but all I get is the spark.

Would it be dangerous to let it try for a few minutes, right now I turn it off after 20 seconds as I dont want to cause any damage.

Sponsored Links
wont be dangerous, but I suspect I know what the fault is and its common with this model but its against the forum rules for me to advise you Im afraid, you will need a gas safe registered engineer to sort but a very easy repair, I think someone had the same problem in the last two days and someone broke the rules and told them what it was so might be worth having a look back , good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back