Baxi Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, new member with a little problem.

Last night I changed the battery in the wall thermostat as it was flashing as low battery, this morning it's failed to turn on the heating. Checked the timers all set right, replaced the battery again and made sure lined up correctly with the pins as I put it on the back plate, all seems to be fine.

The boiler fires up fine when running hot water but nothing for heating and no longer getting the 'click' noise when the thermostat display shows the flame symbol as it's timed to come on.

Any ideas people?

Sponsored Links
Quick google should sort you out ,,,
Make & model of stat.
Some have to be re-synced to the receiver unit ......
If you have 2 zone valves on your system then push the c/h valve into the open position & this will give you heating ( small leaver ) when your water is switched on..... * just a wee temp fix to get some heat *

Quick google should sort you out ,,,
Make & model of stat.
Some have to be re-synced to the receiver unit ......
If you have 2 zone valves on your system then push the c/h valve into the open position & this will give you heating ( small leaver ) when your water is switched on..... * just a wee temp fix to get some heat *

It's not a wireless unit so don't think it will need re-syncing and we've changed the battery a couple of times in the past without issue.

Is there also another way to just put the heating on without the thermostat working just to get some heat whilst I'm trying to sort it? Thanks

As I mentioned before !
Do you have 2 zone valve on your system ?????
If so push the c/h valve into the open position & your heating will work as long as your water is on...
Does the stat not have a reset button ?????? * (google it) *

Sponsored Links
As I mentioned before !
Do you have 2 zone valve on your system ?????
If so push the c/h valve into the open position & your heating will work as long as your water is on...
Does the stat not have a reset button ?????? * (google it) *

Apologies, I'm a complete novice, the boiler doesn't appear to have a 2 zone valve, I've pressed the reset button on the thermostat and put it on the backing plate again a couple of times without success.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back