Baxi WM 512 RS Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Just moved house and had the boiler checked to find it condemned!

Two reasons:

~ Safety device broken ( Which is the thermostat snapped)
~ Seals worn ( something along the lines of asbestos)

Is it possible to fix these problems and get the boiler serviced or is it completely had it so to say!

It is also located in the kitchen cupboard, is this ok? it can breath as it isnt tightly sealed within the cupboard.

I have little money since buying the house so looking for cheap means (but safe)

thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
Probably 20 - 25 years old.

Probably had its day

Probably.

Sponsored Links
depends which seals are worn. if its the front it might be repairable but i thought they were NLA. if its the seals around the pipes then i wouldnt waste my money on it.

iv been told its the seal around the unit..it looks as if you unscrew the front and the seal around that..which he pointed too

ok, baxpoti can maybe back me up here but if its the black rubber seal they are NLA.

IIRC some WM baxis had rope seals that you could change for any old rope seal the same size. depends which you have.

If its this one it's obsolete.

Seal - Front Panel to Combustion Box part No.102134BAX

Haven't been van stock since the last Century!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back