Baxi WM 532 RS No hot water- Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old boiler which worked brilliantly till recently. The Rads are hot and OK but I get no Hot water. The tank is hot and the pipes into it are hot, but No Hot Water at all. Over Xmas I put the timer on "All Day " and got some hot water but not full temp. Today back on "All Day" but no Hot water at all.
Heating is working fine so it seems the pump is OK
This is the first thing to go wrong with this boiler in a very long time. Any ideas ??

Sponsored Links
Hi Hugh,

Its got a Honeywell 2 point zone valve ( Silver square box) The pipes both side of it are very hot which they should be. The pipe at the top of the hot tank has reached somewhat under room temp, but above cold now 8.00am till now 2.00pm today

Check cylinder stat is calling for heat, (turn it down then up again, valve should 'whirr' open, and pump/boiler start. See if then the return (bottom pipe of the pair, (top will be connected to the Honeywell valve) gets hot. If not then there's no circulation through the coil. Coil could be either blocked (most likely IMHO) or airlocked.

Sponsored Links
Check the level of water in the header tank. The ball valve may have jammed.

Just tested the Cylinder stat which is set at 5 (1-10) a grey stat, and the pipes are hot both sides going into cylinder, but it did not whir, and the pump did not change, when I turned it down and up again but that could be because the water, in the world of the stat, thinks it up to temp anyway. The other pipe from the cylinder is barely warm but not cold.
My thoughts are an airlock or blockage but prob will have to get a plumber to sort, thanks for your help

malcmw

Thanks Hugh J.
You were right - it was the cylinder stat- It was stuck, now released and set at about "5" but will need to get a new zone valve for the hot water. (The other one is just for the CH) and a cylinder stat ( Regulations - it would seem you are not allowed to replace the on pipe cylinder stat now??)

malcmw

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back