baxi105 he hw cycling

Sponsored Links
you get two different diverter setups depending on whether the boiler has an internal by-pass or not, they are not interchangeable, they will fit but wont work if you have the wrong one
dont understand that then? Baxi 105's have the 22mm by-pass pipe with the little pigs tail sensing pipe on it.! So how would there be 2 differant divertor setups?? For 2 differant Baxi boilers?? Or actually for the 105's?

Last edited:
Baxi 105's have the 22mm by-pass pipe with the little pigs tail sensing pipe on
That is not the by-pass that is the sensing tubes that operate the DHW Diaphragm, those two pipes contain only cold mains water, the by pass is elsewhere

Sponsored Links
so if the divertors look the same what is the differance?
Is the divertor blanked off internally on tha by-pass, that would make sense ??

Right , been back and replaced both thermistors while i was there.
Also removed pump head , seemed very hot.....dirty and abit of shale but nothing realy . But enough to make a guess that primary hex is dirty also.
Boiler still hits 80' and goes off but cools for 30sec or so and comes back on.
No temp drop at hw tap this time. Constant heat .
So I guess it's ok.
I've just advised him to add a cleaner then inhibitor.
Flow at kitchen sink is good now . I removed a washer(type with a filter gauze) and replaced with normal rubber washer.
Flow was greatly improved, although I don't know why it improved because there was no dirt in gauze and previously when tap was fitted the flow was good. So something between removing washer and putting back sorted it?? Even the flexy hoses were nice and straight so it's not like I corrected a. End hose while working on it. Weird...just good that it has no more problems I guess.

OK next move is to remove and clean the water venturi, dont say shale if you want the correct advice, shale is in gas valves not water sections

I would expect temperature gauge to indicate 70 when stipulated water flow at hot tap
To have good flow at hot tap, might be masking the fault. Flow should be as specified for 35 degree C temperature rise. 12.7l per minute is stipulated delivery for hot water. Higher flower will mean lower delivery temperature.

Adding a cleaner is a good ideal, better still to remove resulting water so system is nice and clean which happens after several flushes.

Last edited:
yeh thankyou. ive got a flow cup. but never used it here. The temperature is very hot(thats technical for didnt measure temp at all.... very hot)
See what your saying .....With a lesser flow rate at tap, boiler will cut out or show its problems more.
Had txt today that shower has stopped getting hot again but at taps the water is ok. Dirt has travelled from boiler into taps and shower i guess. So ill have to check shoewer now. Concealed mixer shwr . like the Aqualisa mixer cartridge type.

Turn the shower to the middle temp setting, close the cold water inlet valve to the boiler, open a HW tap and if you get water coming out the shower cartridge is the problem not the boiler

If the cw inlet to boiler is shut, what do I open hw tap for?
Is it just to drain the water out the hot side?
How does it work ? Being set on middle ground does that somehow islolate the cold on a working shower? But pass water if it's broke?
Otherwise I don't know. Thankyou Ian
Sounds like a great way to troubleshoot though, when I figure how it works.

If the cw inlet to boiler is shut, what do I open hw tap for?
To see if you still have a supply of cold water crossing over to the hot side from the shower cartridge.

with the cold water inlet to the boiler Isolated no water should come out of the hot tap

What happens when I take out the Venturi at tea time and it falls apart??
Refitting it broke! Will boiler work?

Venturi clean and the everything looks clean. Apart from condensate . There is a lot of residue like wet washing powder. Cleaned that out. Havnt tried it yet.
Even though no one has tampered with the gas valve . Could it be overgased ? I'll tell him to get a fitter I put him onto for that. The fitter does his gas safety sheet set. So he'll have to do it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back