Bay support pole styles? Solid or hollow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My bay window has two angle bends. (i.e 3 window bay splay)

The pole are the usual round drainpipe style to allow to variable angles.

Inside the plastic pipe there is a metal (aluminium) round pipe running down. Is this a bay support bar or not load bearing,. The bay support bars I have seen have all been solid steel bars.

The profile is Veka if it helps.

Sponsored Links
Never used a solid pole before...even in a load bearing situation.

Most companies would use the same pole,but for load bearing you need to have a whole in the cill and a metal plate that the pole sits on same for the top.The plate should be sat on the wall under the cill.
You should have a thread that goes into the pole, so you can jack the pole up and take the weight of the load from above.

Perfect, are all bay pole jacks the same? i.e fit any bay pole, or are they specific to the pole?

Sponsored Links
Only ever fitted 2 different types(1 for steel pole 1 for ali)
principal was the same ...only thing different was the diameter of the pole,so you would need to get the jacking kit to fit the pole.

There are probably lots of different types of jacking kit,but it's been 10 years or more since I last fitted any windows that needed poles(spent most of my time fitting conservatories :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back