Bay Window Radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a five sided bay window in the master bedroom. To save space I want to put three rads together in the bay window rather than on an internal wall. I am thinking of installing three radiators side by side and then use a piece of 15mm copper pipe to connect them top and bottom rather than going to the expense of a purpose built rad. Does anybody know if this is ok to do or will this contravene building regs in some way?

Sponsored Links
Its ok and many where done like this years ago , not always very pretty looking though.

You don't need a purpose built rad, just one that is the correct size for your needs then bent/curved to suit your bay.

:D Thanks for that, hopefully connectors will be short and when painted blend in with painted wall behind. Does anyone know of a good BTU calculator site. Have used three e.g. B&Q, radiator suppliers and I have varying results from 3500BTU to 7900BTU for the same room?

Sponsored Links
Last one I had done cost £80 including the radiator! The guy i use is semi retired and pretty much does it to keep himself busy. But the point is its not really that expensive and a very simple process, if you can find someone local to do it for you it will look far better.

did you mean to say "connect them top and bottom" ?

Just bottom imho

did you mean to say "connect them top and bottom" ?

Just bottom imho

Thanks for that connection info, I was fishing to see if it was only supposed to be one or the other.

Also, bending seems ok will have a chat with some local suppliers.
Ta

Martin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back