Bay window roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a quick question.
My bay window roof has started to go brown as there is a leak somewhere on the bay window..
I've had a quote from a local roofer £650
This is for taking old tiles down then putting new tiles on with felt and batons underneath and also re doing the flashing.
Is this an average price or too expensive...

Sponsored Links
Sounds a bit steep but the only way to find out is to get another couple of quotes.

Having said that if it is a large bay and requires scaffold it may be quite reasonable.

I don't think it includes scaffolding, the house is 1930s so it prob needs doing.
It's basically take the old tiles batterns out. Then new batterns new tiles new flashing etc back on. I have had a maintenance man who wanted £150 just to sort the flashing out.

Sponsored Links
I did the same recently for someone quoted £450 and I completely underestimated it, the price sounds ok, don't forget to insulate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back