Bay window with leaking roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Forgive me if i am not entirely clear but I have not had chance to go up on the roof recently.

Basically, my bay window in the upstairs bedroom is leaking through the plasterboard. This occurred roughly 8 months ago and so i removed the tiles and saw that some of the felt was damaged. I replaced this felt and all seemed fine.

However, with the recent two days of heavy rain there has been further leaks.

Could it just be that the gutter is over filling and water is creaping under the felt and leaking in?

Is there any common weaknesses for these bay windows that might be causing this leaking?

Sponsored Links
Would I benefit from putting some lead flashing under the first course of tiles and straight into the gutter?

I am thinking that maybe the wind is lifting the felt and allowing water to be blown straight in.

The leak only occurs when it is windy and heavy rain.

Water could be getting in anywhere, and without more detail or an image of the roof design, then its hard to say what is best without going through the many possibilities

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back