Bearing gone on washing machine maybe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Hotpoint Ultima WDD960 washer/dryer, and boy when it spins it has become deafening. Ive been told this means the bearings have gone,does anyone know if they can be fixed on this type of machine, as it is a good washer and has a fantastic spin on it. I never use it as a dryer as for some reason when i put it on dry it trips all my electrics?

Would be grateful for any help.

Sponsored Links
When u spin the drum by hand is it smooth or rough. Have you checked the heater box it may be loose and the top and bottom weights.

When i spin the drum by hand its sort of gone heavy, it used to just spin round nice and smooth but it doesn't now. Sort of heavyish.

Sponsored Links
Then the bearings have gone. But is it a split tank or a welded one. Remove the lid and is there screws round the centre of the drum.

I think i will just have to pay someone to come out and look, as i know nothing about the drum etc.

If you call hotpoint all in charge 105 parts and labour.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back