Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have an Hotpoint Ultima WD71 washer dryer

it doesn't seem to be heating the water

but the fault code' E14' is not neing displayed
the display says 'heating'

how would i know if the machine is heating, i touch the plastic porthole cover when on 95'c but it has no heat

thanks

Sponsored Links
put it on 60 degrees wait 35 mins switch mc to pump out feel waste pipe is it hot :?:

some progress

did that 'rocks1' and yes its cold
but also e14 error was displayed at the end of the cycle

how do i know if its element, thermostat or even thermal cut out
but i don't know what a thermal cut out looks like

Error Codes for hotpoint appliances,

WASHING MACHINES & WASHER DRYERS

E10 - No cold fill. Check that the taps are on or if the drain hoses are kinked.
E11 - No hot fill.The ambient temperature is likely to be below freezing possibly due to the pipes being frozen. Also check that the taps are on or if the drain hoses are kinked.
E12 - No mixed fill. It is likely that the water is not turned on at the taps.
E13 - Check the water supply, inlet valve and hot and cold hose connections.
E14 - A fault with the water heating has occurred.
E15 - Water is not being pumped out and a flood condition could occur. Check that the drainage hose is raised to the recommended minimum height and that the pipe is not blocked.
E16 - Extremely high water level Disconnect or turn off the water supply and ensure that the water level does not rise any more. Then book a service engineer.
E17 - Door not closed properly. Close door firmly at the 3 o'clock position.
E20/1 - The thermistor resistance has drifted or the temperature scanning sequence is incorrect. The ambient temperature could be below freezing.
E30/31 - A motor drive problem has occurred. Try running the programme again. If the problem persists book a service engineer.
E40 - Water below protection level during a heat step.
E41 - Water level detect sequence incorrect.
E50/51 - Customer language and wash programme have not been saved. The system will run with default conditions (1000rpm max and English language). Book a service engineer to re-programme your product.

heater faulty needs replaceing part no is 1602026 found at the front bottom of mc. try ebay cost about 20.00 dont forget to remove the old heater bracket and fit to new one

Sponsored Links
thanks for that rocks1

how do you remove the heater bracket
is it in the drum or ???

when u remove old heater u will see it on the end of it .thin metal plate.

thanks for all that help

i'll give full report tomorrow to let you know how job went

took the element out - a little tricky
yes it was faulty
haven't tested the thermostat as i don't have an electrical tester
new part ordered
will fit when it arrives

heater comes with new stat .ive never change a stat for no heat always the heater.simply continuity test on heater will confirm its open circuit.

thats solves that then

just for info
i have changed a stat on a Beko wma1512s before as the element was ok

differant mcs work it other ways .you seem to have a lot of mcs at home over the last few months ;)

yes
i been fixing a few and selling on as a hobby
something completely different fo rme - good challenge

element fitted
seemed a bit loose on the rubber seal at 1st but once the 10mm nut is tightend its a tight fit

£7.89 - BARGAIN !!!

machine perfect now

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back