Hotpoint Ultima WD71 front panel buttons

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

my hotpoint ultima wd71 front panel buttons are NOT doing what they say

for example if i press the drying button the info display shows that i have pressed timesave button etc etc

which part is most likely faulty

Sponsored Links
take the ribbon cable out behind the panel .clean it ,poss sticky buttons but that part is now obselete. :(

ok rocks1

i understand the clean the ribbon

but when you say sticky buttons but the part is now obsolete

all the buttons make a 'beep' so that means something is working surely

Sponsored Links
the ribbon cable behind the consol panel is obsolete .it may need just cleaning are the buttons sticky .take it apart and look.the ribbon cable can short out if its had something spilt on it.

problem now solved

checked the ribbon seemed there was a kink in it but that was working fine
cleaned behing the buttons - a little bit of dirt there but nothing too major

the fault was the circuit board
but i can't see any burning or brakages anywhere in the lines

Thanks. I'll see if I can get a replacement board at a sensible price. Lowest I have seen so far is £64. As the machine is over 10 years old it's not worth spending too much on it.

What about qer.biz
That's great. To repair my cards(s) is £48 (Non trade). Now I need to decide whether that is better/easier than just buying a replacement card for another £16!
Many tx.

What about qer.biz
That's great. To repair my cards(s) is £48 (Non trade). Now I need to decide whether that is better/easier than just buying a replacement card for another £16!
Many tx.
Give Create Recycling in Liverpool a call. They have stocks of WM parts that I think they will sell. They may ask for your old one back if its repairable?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back