Hotpoint Ultima WD71 front panel buttons

What about qer.biz
That's great. To repair my cards(s) is £48 (Non trade). Now I need to decide whether that is better/easier than just buying a replacement card for another £16!
Many tx.
Give Create Recycling in Liverpool a call. They have stocks of WM parts that I think they will sell. They may ask for your old one back if its repairable?

Tx for the suggestion htgeng, but I have now located and ordered a new one off eBay for £43 incl. I have looked at the Create Recycling site and am impressed! I will bear it in mind for future.

BTW I will report here whether my new card has cured the fault. The fault was that part of the LCD display was not functioning so it was not clear what settings were. Of course it may be the display itself and i have not seen any of them on offer anywhere.

Sponsored Links
That could be the ribbon cable at fault but now obserlete.

Sponsored Links
That could be the ribbon cable at fault but now obserlete.

ribbon looks OK, but will keep fingers crossed for when new card is installed...

An update and happy conclusion eventually!
OK, so I installed the new control board (Code 1604282) and it made no difference to anything. In other words, the machine was still working, but the LCD display was incomplete and special wash settings had to be guessed!
So, I managed to find a reclaimed LCD display on eBay. I installed that and it did the trick :D I have re-installed my old control board, so now have a BNIB one that I will try to sell on eBay - unless anyone here needs one.
Tx for help all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back