bearings gone in candy alise 1000es

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
it is a washer / dryer and was making a big noise so stripped off the big drum wheel and found the bearing to be in tattered bits.
I have plucked out all the bits of metal and bearings.
It looks to me that it is one bearingrunner to be put back in place and it sits one the edge of the drum when the big wheel is set back in place.
The thing is when I have seen bearing sets they seem to have two or three sets of bearing reels,where would these go?
I hope i dont have to strip out the drum (something I couldnt do!)
Any experty advice telling me I only need the one bearing slotted back in and I dont need to strip it all out would be gratefully recieved!! :LOL:
heres hoping,guys,tell me the good news please!!!!

Sponsored Links
i cant say for sure, but on a HP there are 2 sets of bearings, one outer that you are looking at one inner you have not yet seen.

but the question is whay are the bearings like they are?

chances are the inner bearing seal has gone, letting in water and ruining BOTH sets of bearings.

some times, not always the bearings are si baed you cant get whats left out.

you also need a new drum suppoert.

best option, bin it.

it makes sense that mabye water has found it s way in to the bearing space as there is some brown slatterings on the bearing casing eminating outwards/downwards and on the floor ...water/rust mixed?
So will look around for a cheap tideme over machine and give this one a really good send off after many years of good service, the B******d :D !
cheers breezer.

Sponsored Links
Yes, not an easy job on the Candy. The whole outer drum has to be removed through the top of the cabinet so you effectively do a total stripdown to change the bearings.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back