bedroom fun

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Heloo, nice to be here.

I am currently splitting ourmaster bed into two to split up kids, have just plastered walls and realised I am a wire short for the two way lights on hall, doh!!
I have read here that a 3 switch system can be used, wooohoo.
need to find a 3 way switch in town tomorow then I can link the new landing light with the old one and they can operate together :)
thanks diynot
Al

Sponsored Links
this should have been posted in electrics uk. what is a 3-way switch system? or what do you expect it to be? and lastly, what is this switch meant to do and where is it? why is this a problem in the hall when you are splitting the bedrooms?

It is my project so i thought this is the place.

The electrics are effected as the hall now has a L shape to it due to having a lump taken out of the middle bedroom to access the new door. This has created a dark spot which needs light. I have read on these forums that an intermediate switch can be installed to create a 3 way switching of the landing light.
Hope this explains
Alan

It can - see the diagrams in the For Reference topic.

Not sure though how being "a wire short for the two way lights on hall" gets resolved by adding a 3rd switch......

Sponsored Links
Hi
Originally I have a switch at bottom of stairs and a switch at top, light over stairwell. The hall now has a bend in it and is longer so I want a light at the other end. Idea was to replace single gang switch at top of stairs with a 2 gang and add another at end of hall. I put the 3+e in but not the feed doh! But now if I put an intermediat in at the top of the stairs and join the new and old 3+e together I get a 3 switch system.
Have since found a problem with that as the feed comes into the switch at the top of the stairs which will be the middle of he circuit looking at the diagrams I need power at either end ****.
Not the end of the world :) Next major project is converting to 24v lights allover and fitting wind powered generators and a pair of batteries.
Al

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back