bedroom window wall moist/wet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

2 bedroom terraced house

The upstairs rear bedroom where the window is located the wall below the window the wall seems moist/wet I have also noticed it to be moist/wet on the right hand side of the wall, the wallpaper seems to be coming away

Was thinking it could be damp or condensation

Any suggestions what it could be? has only occurred recently during the cold weather and when it has been raining

4 months ago fitted laminate flooring, the room has central heating located on another wall

Shall get the ladder up on the weekend and check the roof guttering, exterior brickwork

Any other suggestions for what I should look out for when I get up on the ladder to check?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
It could be a loose or missing slate or roof tile, have a look from a distance at your roof with a pair of binoculars or a modern camera with a tele-photo lens. If no joy here have a look around the window and see if there are any cracks in the revels or the mastic around the windows has broken down, and look for cracks in the render or leaking down pipes and gutters. Also is there any ventilation in the room as it could be condensation forming. Just a few things to look at and there are more things that the lads may pick up on.... ;)

Thanks for your response and advise Roy

Couldn't see anything untoward on the roof at the time however did notice that the brickwork render looked deteriorated shall have a closer look on the weekend, will let you know if i find anything

no ventilation, just the bedroom window

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back