Internal damp above and to sides of upstairs bedroom window.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I noticed that there is a great deal of rain water penetration around my upstairs bedroom window. I can see damp patches above and to the sides of the window reveals and water is collecting on the window cill which contually needs clearing up. For info, this room was fully replastered back to brickwork appx 6 months ago as part of a refurb. Also, I have checked the guttering to be clear which sits directly above this window (no leaks). The wall is 9" solid brick. The window is a single panel, double glazed but quite old. This problem did not exist before the room was re-plastered.

Anybody any thoughts?? Many thx in advance.

Sponsored Links
I wonder if the brickwork is porous and damp is soaking through, on the reveals, the plaster isnt very far from the outside -just the thickness of the window frame.

Mind you that wouldnt cause actual water puddling on the windowboard.

Your other possibilities are leak in roof, leak between window frame and brickwork, leak between glass and beading, or between sash and frame if its an opener.

A photo of the outside would be very helpful.

Thanks for the speedy response and your comments - something to think about. Unfortunately, won't be at the house until next week to take a pic.

best regards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back