Behringer FCA610 Humming

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Behringer FCA610 that is making a humming noise and flashing the lights when you power it up, I have taken the front board off and it is still humming, I was wondering if anyone has experienced this before? I am suspecting the transformer on the PCB or possibly a cap thats failed.

could anyone shed any light on this so I can possibly source a spare part and repair the unit?

Thanks

Josh

20181012_220421.jpg
20181012_220428.jpg

Sponsored Links
Electrolytic capacitors - the ones with the black plastic covers and silver-looking tops - don't generally buzz or vibrate.

Stuff that has current flowing through coils does vibrate. First thoughts then would be the transformer you already suspect and any inductors. You can also get vibration from ceramic capacitors once fitted to a circuit board.

Having said that electrolyics don't vibrate, if one of more is going dicky then it/they can cause increased current flow through devices that are more prone to buzzing. It's worth checking and replacing any dodgy looking caps then.

To help locate the vibrating component, you can use something non-conductive to form the equivalent of a mechanic's stethoscope.

If this and any other posts helped you, then pay the authors the compliment of hitting the thanks button. It shows your appreciation and marks the reply for those looking for answers in the future.

The power in to that thing is meant to be 12v DC. Do you have a car battery or a different 12v DC wall wart available (CCTV camera supplies will usually do 12v DC at 2 amps) you could use as a temporary power supply- I suspect the bridge rectifier or one of the capacitors in the external PSU has failed giving you an AC component into the device which it won't be enjoying very much

Sponsored Links
thanks for the suggestions guys, this has been on hold for a few weeks as you can see, coming up to a week off work I can spend more time poking and prodding the innards of this thing :LOL::LOL: really appreciate the replies, didn't even cross my mind about the bridge rectifier!

JJ

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back