BEKO condenser dryer tank full light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

Got a BEKO DRCS68 condenser dryer and the tank full light on and machine shuts down.

emptied tank - still same problem. Cleaned heat exchanger, still the same.

inside the back of the machine there is a reservior with a pump in and a polystyrene float. the condensation runs into the reservior and is pumped up to the pater tank. when the tank is full, it overflows and runs via a return pipe back to the reservoir. When this happens, the reservoir fills, the float rises and actuates a microswitch which shuts the machine down.

I checked that the microswitch wasnt stuck in the actuated position and I checked the pipes for blockages. I also removed the pump and applied 230v to the two terminals and confirmed that it operates.

I'm a bit stuck now. I'm not sure whether the pump operated at all times whilst the machine is running or whether the pcb switches it on and off intermittantly during the drying cycle.

My next thoughts were to hold the microswitch down in the un-actuated position, disconnect the pump supply and test with a meter is the pcb is sending 230v at any time while the machine is running. (my thinking behind this is that maybe the pump is failing under load only or intermittantly)

Other than that I guess I'm looking at a new PCB, but I want to exhaust all other possibles before I shell out £40 notes on a vild goose chase.

Do any of you good people have any ideas? Thay'd be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Jim

Sponsored Links
update -

removed pump again - connected to mains - dead

put meter across disconnected pump supply and ran machine. 230v ac there for a min, then 0v for a few mins - this cycle repeats itself as the pump doesnt run continuously. Not sure if the machine senses how much water is in the resorvoir or the cycle of on/off is timed. The latter I suspect.

Anyway, new pump 22 quid plus delivery and the wife can get back to running up the electric bill again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back