beko dishwasher di1254ap not filling water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I am hoping to get some help regarding my broken Beko dishwasher.
My dishwasher has been running fine for about 6 years and it has stopped working recently, it's droning once I chose a program and closed the door, after a while the humming noise stopped and then it started again to try to fill water I guess.

I pulled it out and opened it, did the 45 degree trick as suggested in this forum which didn't help, then I purchased a new water inlet valve and replaced the old one, which appeared working initially, if I chose program 3 (58 minutes), it could take in water and run down to 43 minutes (so running for 15 minutes), and then stuck, when I opened the door, it's very hot inside, so water heating should be working fine. After a few days though, it has gone back to the same old issue again, just humming, not able to start a cycle at all.

It drains fine, as when I pour in a jar of water manually, it'll get drained away first before starting a cycle.

I thought it could be the valve I purchased from Amazon is faulty, so I bought another one from a different Amazon vendor, replaced it, same thing again.

One thing I noticed is that there are full of water in the salt reservoir, is that expected? I haven't re-fill the salt since purchased the dish washer as I thought the 3-in-1 finish tablet should do the same thing.

What could be the issue here, is it possible that I tripped something over when replacing the valve? Any help or advice will be appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
3 in 1 tablets don't replace the function of salt, lack of which has scaled up your system. You've done well to get 6 years out of it.

Time for a new dishwasher, I would say.

Blup

Last edited:
Have you tried the self test function? It might help narrow down where the fault lies.
http://www.drdishwasher.com/troubleshooting/manufacturer/beko/
and
here is the service manual for a different model (but it might help)
https://f01.justanswer.com/dtabb14/5f08f58e-d28a-439c-b7fb-b82a7b9a184f_DW686__service_manual.pdf.

But since it's humming it sounds like it's stuck at the initial drain stage - I'm only a DIYer but I would have though the water stage is just 1 single electrical signal to the solenoid value to open the water and 1 single signal to close when it's got enough water, so no humming. I'm happy to be corrected here, it's just a hunch.

Are any of the pipes scaled up as the previous poster suggests? In my Beko dishwasher they are clear pipes so you can see if they are full of grease or limescale. If the pipes are limescaled the other components probably are, but I can't see why this would stop the water entering the system if you've replaced the inlet valve. I would expect it to fail at a later stage.

I take it you have checked the overflow float switch on the bottom to check that that is not causing it to continually drain the dishwasher. Either because there is water causing the foam float to 'float' or, the foam float has stuck the microswitch in an 'on' position, or because the microswitch is broken.

Again, I'm just a DIYer here to look for help, but these are things I've tried in the past.

thank you guys for the response. @rIchthespoof, from the plastic pipes, I can't see any limescale, and I can see grease in one of the plastic pipe, which I took it out and flushed it, thank you for the link on service function test, I have tried it and the test cycle won't start, as when I initiated the cycle, I got error ER01 and ER02 flashing on the panel. I have searched for the error code and er01 indicate a flood overflow issue, er02 is a water inlet one. I pulled the dishwasher out again, and had a look of inside can't see any water, I can't even locate the flood plate. I did the 45 degree trick anyway, both forward and backward with no water coming out, and it's still the same humming thing.

Sponsored Links
Hi wayj

The float switch/ flood plate is on the base of the on my beko machine, you'll have to take the base off to get to it. On my model it's a sap on fixing through the base plate. I'd be careful when tipping the machine that yo don't damage the hoses. You can see it if you take the front cover off as well - it's near the middle of the machine. Photo's might help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back