Beko DW603 dishwasher not filling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help! I'm in lockdown and the dishwasher has packed in. Of course it is all my fault!

The dishwasher is a Beko DW603. On starting the program it pumps out as normal for around ten seconds or so but then stops dead, no filling. I've checked the inlet valve, put 240v across the terminals with the water connected (yes, I know!) and it fills just fine. I then reckoned it may have been the pcb but I've replaced that and it made no difference. It's not flooding, the float switch is dry and working correctly, all the tubes are clear. I'm guessing it is a sensor somewhere that is telling the pcb to not energise the valve. The only sensors I can find are the flow sensor and the temperature one.

Anybody got any suggestions?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Btw, just to be clear, contrary to most other threads on this, the drain pump doesn't carry on running so it isn't thinking it's flooded.

Sponsored Links
Yep, that's it! I just prodded the cable and it started to fill. Now just got to replace that section of cable and the job's a good 'un!

Many thanks assuhors!

All fixed now, one of the wires had broken with flexing, just soldered in a new length. I guess the other wires could be in a similar state and may fail soon, if they do I'll replace the loom (£45). I'm a little embarrassed at not spotting the problem but, in my defence, I have to say it is a bit of a design flaw. I know the cable has to flex but it doesn't make sense to constrain it so tightly right at the point of contraflexure.

Anyway, thanks again, one less thing to argue about until lockdown ends!

Spoke too soon. Got it all back together last night and it all seemed to run fine, filled with water ok, but no circulation pump. I stripped it again early this morning, tried wiggling the wires whilst it was running just in case it was another broken one but no joy. The rotor on the pump is free moving. I think I will order a new loom in anycase but in the meantime I will probably do a continuity test on the other wires and also test the motor. I'm just trying to think if I have done anything when I was trying to sort the filling problem that would cause the circulation to stop working?

Thanks to this post I solved my Beko dishwasher not filling. It was a broken wire in the door hinge. Just happened to be the wire that switches the water inlet. I guess broken wires on these bekos is a common fault, so you may get other weird faults that are due to one of the other wires being broken. Pretty poor for a 6 year old dishwasher.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back