Dishwasher not filling - Help Appreciated !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all,

I'm no plumber, but will happily have a go at fixing something if not too difficult ... can anyone help with the below ?? :confused:

BEKO DW603 Integrated dishwasher flooded yesterday due to blockage in waste pipe.

Blockage removed, and dishwasher pump has now drained water out of the appliance.

I've also tilted the machine back 45degrees to release excess water.

Machine starts up, goes through drainage phase, but then will not fill with water and just hums ...

Taken front access plate off, and taken left side panel off as well. The machine is clear of water, and the float valve (hidden beyond internal parts in middle of floor pan, so cannot reach it by hand) looks like it has returned fully to the floor.

I believe I've done a master reset (unplug 2hrs - hold start/pause 3 secs) but damn thing still wont fill with water.

Have tried all the different programs (incase memory jammed), and I've also double checked the cold water supply to the machine which is fine and at full pressure.

Does the float valve (which I cannot reach) need to be manually reset ?
Does it have a switch on it ?
Or does it 'reset' automatically when flood water realeased and drops to original position ?
Should I check the inlet valve ? I dont think it will be blocked as only 3months old.

Waiting for manufacturer to call me back, but would much rather fix myself today, instead of waiting 2 weeks for them to come, say it was my fault, and charge me for their time !

Any help or advice much appreciated
Cheers

Sponsored Links
You say can hear humming but not where its coming from.
The inlet valve could be the cause. Jammed as opposed to clogged.

Turn on machine and locate the hum. 1st place to check is the inlet valve then the drain pump, it will be one or the other.

The anti flood float should reset itself when water released(emptied from the base tray), yes just a switch (open or closed).

These micro switches can go faulty inside or the foam float could be stuck which has jammed the switch on i.e not reset.

Are you sure hum is not the drain pump still pumping. Sounds different when no water to pump out.

Yardie, thanks for your reply.

All in my above post was done at 11pm last night, and it's the first time I've ever taken a dishwasher apart, so please bear with me !

The humming (after the drain cycle) is a very, very low/quiet hum and I mean really quiet, similar to the noise any appliance might make when it's simply powered on. I'm at work at the moment, but will have another listen when I get home tonight and attempt to locate the exact source of the humming and let you know.

I'm pretty sure the drain pump finishes draining (quiet noisey), and then switches to the quiet humming which I believe is the next part of the cycle (water fill) - I could be wrong though ?

I didnt actually identify the inlet valve last night (I didnt know that might have been a cause until today), but will try and locate tonight. Will the drain pump and inlet valve be located near one another ?

Do you know if the bottom / floor pan of this machine is removable for access/repairs ? The side panel and front access panel dont appear big enough to carry out repairs or remove parts.

Thanks again for your help.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=390942246983&alt=web

Certainly sounds like the inlet valve then.

To locate the inlet valve just follow the inlet hose to the rear of the panel, usually its fitted on the rear panel but you need to access it internally to get to the actual valve a) to hear it clearly b) to test, if possible.

It might have an access panel underneath but won-t know without seeing a photo for sure, but inlet valves can usually be replaced without too much of a strip down.
If theres a plastic plate surrounding the valve where the hose connects to the rear panel its possible removal will be quite simple. Look at the photo link, please note this is only for reference/illustration purposes.

If you want to test the inlet valve works you will need to connect 240v directly to the valve wiring connections to see if water passes through it. If faulty simply replace, about £10 for a replacement.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Just to let you know that I got home last night, switched dishwsher on to continue my fault finding and it kicked into life !

Maybe the float valve had eventually reset itself or other parts dried out over the past 24hrs ?

Thanks for taking the time to offer assistance, and if anything else goes wrong I'll be sure to follow this post up in the future.

Cheers

Good news!

The shear thought of you working on it again must have frightened the life back into it.

Inlet valve would be the 1st thing to go for if the same happens again. Check connection and test though hopefully all will be well.

Hi I'm having trouble starting a new thread.#

Hi, My wife started the dishwasher last night but noticed no sound of water coming in. The machine is humming as if emptying and indeed I threw a bowl full of water in the bottom and it drained it straight away. The drain pump just sounds as if its still going, and after repeating the process 3 times it still keeps draining..Is the programme stuck ?
As its integrated and only fitted 4 months ago I'm reluctant at this stage to drag it out.

Any idea's please

Is there a dome inside the tub at the bottom near the bottom spray arm?
Any flooding on the floor or inside the machines base?

Might only be able to access necessary parts by removing from unit housing.

Make and model?

If it's only 4 months old why are you looking at it. Call the manufacturers

Sorry my mistake the new kitchen was fitted 4 months ago and we refitted the integrated dishwasher which is approximately 3 years old.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back