Beko fridge freezer thermal cut out problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I switched off my 6 year old beko fridge freezer the other week (something I've done many times) and when I turned it back on the condenser seemed to run for a few seconds and then cut off. It restarted and did the same every few minutes.

I checked the starter relay which looked a little burnt on the outside so found a replacement - not the same as that has been discontinued but the one that the official beko spares retailer said I needed (via email so not guesswork) based on my serial number.

I bought and carefully reconnected - matching the spade/pin numbers to the original relay numbers. Switched on and the same problem is still occurring.

Now, I noticed a bright flash from the thermal trip and so had a closer look. I took the thermal trip off the side of the condenser and watched. As soon as I switch the fridge freezer on, the inside of the thermal trip is turning orange/yellow within a few seconds and therefore the thermal disk is cutting out.

Seems unlikely that the thermal disk is the problem but not sure what is. Could it be shorting? I can't see behind the disk properly.

There are no pin markings on the relay other than numbers but could that be connected incorrectly and causing a short, leading to the instant cut out?

If I've replaced the relay and the thermal cut out is ok, is it the condenser?

Two weeks to Christmas. Wife is keen for an answer! Thanks for your help in advance.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back