Beko fridge/ freezer thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I have a Beko fridge freezer model CRFG1582W which has stopped cooling. The compressor and fan appear to be working and I have checked the back and there is nothing obvious. I am trying to replace the thermostat but I can't find a reliable set of instructions anywhere. It is a ceiling type and I habe managed to prize the knob off. Can anyone advice how to proceed??

Many thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0282.jpg
    IMG_0282.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0283.jpg
    IMG_0283.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 25
Sponsored Links
If the motor is running it seems unlikely the problem is the thermostat.

My first thing with a new freezer is to plug it into my energy monitor so I have data to refer back to, but the motor with most fridge freezers runs for around 1/3 of the time, if it does not stop, then there is clearly a problem. I have had it where the thermostat failed, and motor never stopped, and found got to around -26ºC, my problem at that time was how to measure temperature inside the freezer, so I heated some water up with salt, so it was as saturated as possible and put it in the freezer, it froze solid, so clearly below freezing point of brine which is -18ºC.

If the motor is turning on/off then could be thermostat, or the defrost heater cutting in too often, the freezer will likely draw around 100 watt cooling or less, but the defrost heater is more like 160 watt.

A frost free freezer works by having the cooling parts behind a panel, and a fan moves the cold air from behind the panel into the freezer when running, but fan does not run when defrost heaters cut in, so if the fan fails, then freezer will not cool. But the thermostat may be triggered giving one a false thought about thermostat failing.

Often I found fan stopped by ice build up, so cure was empty freezer, prop door open and aim fan at freezer to melt any ice, not just the ice you can see, but ice behind the divider, so leave fan running for an hour after last ice has melted. I found this did work with one fridge freezer, however latter found reason for the ice build up was the insulation had failed on the unit, ice was forming between cracks in the insulation causing the heat to enter freezer through the ice, once melted freezer would work OK for 6 months until ice built up again. As a freezer it was scrap, but worked very good for brewing beer in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back