Beko washer dryer going walkabouts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Quick sanity check before I call out on the warranty - 1yr old beko washer dryer, sat on level tiled floor, and also levelled using a spirit level. All feet on floor, and locking nuts tightened.
On spin, vibrates excessively, and starts to move across the floor.
When new, definitely didn’t do this. Worse on unbalanced loads, but shouldn’t be doing it at all.
Anyone got anything else I can try? I can’t see this being anything other than a fault - shock absorbtion or something.

Sponsored Links
Can I assume you have rechecked the level and locking nuts on the feel?

Unbalanced loads will always cause excessive vibration due to the load causing a flywheel effect

Wouldn't hurt to get an engineer out to give it a check over if it's still in warranty

Yep, legs are checked constantly, then readjusted when it starts shaking and moves, so it’s obviously loosening one or more of the feet when it does so.
Agree about unbalanced loads, but it does it for just about any load.
Bought it from John Lewis with their 5 year warranty so will see how it pans out

If the drum bearings are going the washer will spin unevenly and vibrate excessively. Beko isn't the greatest manufacturer of washing machines to be honest (or fridges, fridges and cookers for that matter.......Turkish made). I'd get the service engineer out under the guarantee.

I made the mistake of buying a Haier fridge-freezer from Curry's a few years ago. Terrible brand. Made in China I subsequently learned. I got my money back after it broke down several times in 6 months.

Sponsored Links
I made the machine that pressed the concrete blocks used in UK built washing machines, the major problem was under size, or thickness, oversize they will not fit, but under size the flashing makes it seem the block is tight, but once in use the flashing crumbles and the block becomes loose, however today quality machines have a sensor to switch the machine off before it walks around the kitchen, however Beko is not what I would call a quality machine.

Cure is either replace weights, or pack weights, what happens is when made some concrete sticks in the volumetric which measures out the concrete iron mixture so the weight is too thin.

today quality machines have a sensor to switch the machine off before it walks around the kitchen

yep, this one doesn’t, it travelled a couple of feet, pulled its drain hose out, and flooded the place.
Agree beko aren’t great, that’s why I bought the extended warranty. Wouldn’t buy one again!

strange thing is, when new and for first few months, it’d spin virtually silently and with no movement. So the issue seems to have “developed”

Old British were no better, as said it is the flashing on concrete block that on assembly makes it seem OK, but once flashing breaks off, then it goes walk about. I had sensors on the press to try and alert us if block too thin, but each time the cloths were changed they needed resetting so easy to miss a thin block. We were pressing around one a minute, so if we got a fault it could affect a lot of blocks, so we used spray paint, if found a thin one last three pallets sprayed so would be tested once dry.

We had a job in Wrexham testing casings for JCB machines imported from Turkey as so many faulty, it seems the Turks have not got to grips with quality control.

Likely a simple washer will cure the problem.

Personally I would not want a washing machine with a concrete block.

Better quality machines might cost 3 times as much but they don't use concrete blocks. Hopefully they will last more than 3 times longer.

Our recently binned Miele was 18 years old and going strong- the crazy GF threw it out because she decided to buy a Wren kitchen and wanted an integrated WM. In her defence she did purchase a higher end Siemens, doubt it will last as long as the Miele though.

Getting back to the topic though. Years ago I had a Bosch washer drier. It didn't have any concrete but the shock absorber that sits at 45 degrees to the drum was knackered and the machine used to go for walkies until I glued little blocks of wood next to the feet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back