Beko WMA 1512 W - Not spinning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My Beko WMA 1512 W washing machine was not emptying properly....a removal of the waste filter revealed all kinds of stuff lodged preventing good flow out....cleaned out the relevant items that were restricting flow and all was well for a couple of days (probably 3 washes)...now the washer doesn't spin at all....the pump activates but the drum never turns. I have removed the back cover and all is ok with the belt. I can see no loose electrical contacts...anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I'm not familiar with your machine per se but heres a general pointer or two.

If the motor is getting power to it most likely its the brushes. After that there could be another problem with the motor that you will probably need an engineer to sort out if you are not into stripping motors down.

Try moving the drum round a little to make sure theres nothing physically stopping it from turning. It might work to some extent after you have done this. Again hopefully its just brushes but it is possible theres some damage to the armature contacts and you may be able to clean them up a bit with some fine sandpaper.

I spend my time fixing boilers and just dabble with WM's occasionally so there will be people on here that have experience of more common faults with your specific machine

Cheers for the response...ended up getting someone out in the end...it was the brushes...cost me £67 :cry:

Sponsored Links
Don't be sad. I've seen people pay a lot more for it.
It wouldnt have been long before you had laid out more than that at the bagwash. At least its sorted now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back