Beko WMA10W fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi , my daughters washing machine has packed up. I have had a quick look, When its switched on the selector motor whirs and there are a few clicks then it sits looking at you doing nothing. The whiring noise is shorter when the door is closed so I assume the door lock is working.The filters are ok and the drum is free to spin. Any help or advice much appreciated . Regards TV man.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply, this machine has only been used for 4 months since it was purchased. It stood in the garage for 18 months before it was used. I will check the brushes. Regards TVman

They will probably not be worn out then but the brushes may be sticking in their holders.

Sponsored Links
I checked the brushes all ok. When its switched on the control motor whirs for a couple of seconds then stops and the door does not lock .while I was working on it , on two occasions it started working and every thing worked ok until the next time then it stopped again.

Sounds like it might be a problem with the door lock then. Sometimes the hook part on the door comes adrift if its spindle works loose.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back