Bell wiring question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
image.jpeg
there,

I just bought a new build house and it came with a delta C3500 bell with built in 6 volt transformer.

I changed it today to a Byron Bell chime with 8 volt transformer. However I need help identifying which wire goes where. I have plugged both mains wires to the bottom of the transformer and I note there are two wires for the bell.

I note the numbering on the terminals but unsure which one equates to Trans and Front etc ?

I have outlined a photo below and any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
diy.jpg

If the leads from the transformer go to the terminals with red rings AND there is a wire from terminal 0 to the coil ( as shown in green ) then connecting the bell push as shown in white should work.

I cannot see a wire from 0 to the coil hence the question.

I am wondering if this is a genuine Byron as the mains transformer lacks any standards markings and there is what apears to be a loose wire from the transformer close to terminal 2.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I've just read the user manual and it confirms 0 and 2. Make sure the cover is fitted to the mains wiring.

Isn't that phone wire rather than bell wire? I suppose it will be OK if not ideal

We often use 0.75mm² or 0.5mm² oval flex when wiring bell pushes, no problems with volt drop causing feeble ringing, and the cable is much less likely to be damaged by other trades on site.

I'm missing something here. I had a call earlier if that counts?

Oh I get it now! I'm too young for a 3 digit phone number!

Last edited:
Hi All,

Thanks so much for your help, since I posted the message yesterday, my situation has since changed and I would welcome your guidance once more.

I have had clarity today that the Ring Video Doorbell Pro I was trying to install now only requires a transformer as the chime is redundant owing to the use of a wifi door chime.

I am now planning to install a Friedland 8V Transformer and understand the blue and brown cable go into the bottom and then the bell push cable (blue and orange) go into the top (please confirm this is correct?)

I also understand with the Ring Video Pro and an 8V transformer, I have to utilise the Pro Power Cable (https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/a...-Installation-for-UK-Europe-8VAC-Transformers)

My question is which cables from the transfer do I run into the clips?

Thanks once again for your help, I really appreciate it.

Attachments

• IMG_0202.JPG
    IMG_0202.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 315

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back