Belling IDW 604 Dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I've got code coming up on my belling IDW604 Dishwasher

The code is E4

When you turn the machine on it starts beeping and flashing E4, none of the other lights illuminate and nothing else happens other than the beeping

Somebody help please as my hands are getting softer than the wife's

Cheers

Matt

Sponsored Links
Hi Cakeman

i've opened the door and poured a few glasses of water in then closed the door and it starts draining the water away straight away. would this point to the pcb ??

I think that means you have a leak at this stage

pour in about 5-8 litres and see if it drains away

tip the machine backwards to see if water comes out the base

Sponsored Links
BELLING DISHWASHER FAULT CODES

E1 - If the water inlet valve has worked for 4 mins and the flowmeter detects that not enough water has entered the Dishwasher (3.5l) the the control board will shut down all functions and the alarm buzzer will sound for 30 secs and "E1" will be displayed on the control panel, the Dishwasher will pause for 3 mins and then drain out the water for 90 secs and revert to the rest position.

E3 - A. If the heating element is still heating after the allowed time, then the control board will advance the programme to next step and at the end of the washing cycle the alarm buzzer will sound for 30 sec and the display will show E3.

B. When the contol board detects that the heating element is operating during a non heating step or during the internal test the heating circuit is found to be open circuit then the alarm buzzer will sound for 30 sec and the control board will cease all functions except for the drain cycle which will run for 90 seconds and then E3 will be displayed on the contol panel.

E4 - Any time that the float chamber micro switch operates for more than 2 secs the control board will shut down all functions and operate the drain pump for 30 secs and then sound the alarm buzzer for 30 secs and the control panel displays E4. If the microswitch sets during the draining period then the control board will allow the dishwasher to function normally again , or the dishwasher will then revert to constant draining until the micro switch returns to normal rest position.

E6 - If after the control board has carried out an internal test and found the thermister open circuit the dishwasher will cease all functions and the alarm buzzer will sound for 30 secs and the control panel will display E6 after a further 3 mins the machine will operate the drain pump for 90 secs and revert to rest position.

E7 - If after the control board has carried out an internal test and found the thermister short circuit the dishwasher will cease all functions and the alarm buzzer will sound for 30 secs and the control panel will display E7 atfer a further 3 mins the machine will operate the drain pump for 90 secs and revert to the rest position.

Many thanks Cakeman & Rocks1

what is the float chamber micro switch and how do i check it????

as cakeman says tip mc back first any water in the base ,float chamber and micro switch are in the base access from the side panel it needs to come off to find leak .

I am impressed at your compendium of fault codes 'Rocks1'

are the manufacturers happy for this knowledge to be public
??

Hi again Guys

There is a leak, the base has got water in, I've now emptied this out and tried to run a program to see where the leak is coming from
But.............Now the error code has gone and I can't select any programs

Anymore ideas

Cheers again

Panic over

The leak has been found just need to locate the new part now.

The busted part was the plastic pipe that feeds the sprinkler on the top rack

Many thanks once again for your excellent help

I found the cause of the E4. At the very bottom of the machine behind the front panel is where the float switch is located. Unfortunately, although the E4 error has gone, I cannot select any of the programs, the water is on, no leaks can anyone help?

if the float switch is stuck then it wont fill try moving it up and down you should here a click from the microswitch .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back