Belling Range

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to connect the electric oven of my new belling 941 range to the existing supply but it constantly trips the main consumer unit rcd. When I measure the resistance between neutral and earth it is only about 0.6 ohm which I think is why the rcd trips. Is this value correct? i.e. is the neutral connected to the earth inside the appliance? If so will I need to install another consumer unit without an rcd main isolator?

Sponsored Links
Mitch07 said:
I am trying to connect the electric oven of my new belling 941 range to the existing supply but it constantly trips the main consumer unit rcd. When I measure the resistance between neutral and earth it is only about 0.6 ohm which I think is why the rcd trips. Is this value correct? i.e. is the neutral connected to the earth inside the appliance? If so will I need to install another consumer unit without an rcd main isolator?

the neutral should not be connected to earth. the cooker is faulty

the above although true, is not correct, it is probably a faultly element, which if replaced will solve whole problem, so you can then keep cooker.

i take it it is 2nd user? and dont tell me it was ok at their place

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
the above although true, is not correct, it is probably a faultly element, which if replaced will solve whole problem, so you can then keep cooker.

i take it it is 2nd user? and dont tell me it was ok at their place

previous owner prob didnt have an RCD...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back