belling stainless steel range duel fuel cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i wonder if someone could give me some idea, of any likely fault that my daughters belling stainless steel duel fuel range cooker has occurred, she called me to say that there is no electric to her cooker or cooker hood, so i have checked the main fusebox under the stairs, located the 15amp fuse, supplying the appliance, and sure enough it was blown, i replaced that fuse with a new one, switched on under the stairs to hear a loud bang come from the direction of the cooker/cooker hood, now this is telling me with my limited knowledge of electrics, that there appears to be a ''dead short '' somewhere, or could it be something more expensive,
ps, not related to this but when she moved into the house she had trouble with her electric shower, on that occasion the fault was established that the person who had ''wired up '' the main pull chord box, had not done the screws in the terminal block up tight, causing blackening, i replaced that box for her and paired the cable back a bit and its been good ever since, do you thing the same could apply here, i know its a long shot, but would just like some idea, it may be that she will have to get an electrician in to do a ''continuity test '' for her, but i am trying to save her a bit of cash, any ideas would be gratefully received thanks Dave

Sponsored Links
Hello,

Is it possible for you to isolate the extractor and cooker seperately ? (Maybe the extractor is fed through a spur/skt ?).
Does the circuit blow when both appliances are off ?? :eek:

I am not sure if you are saying the fault is within the cooker , or hood ??

Ed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back