bending and using rebar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Want to use a couple of these rebar poles to stop my ladder going back.

But how do you bend a straight one to get it like the one in the picture? Is it bent like this so easy to hammer in?
rebar.jpg

Sponsored Links
That what I call a road pin, they come like that already.

I think it'd bent so you can tie bunting on it.

Cut the re-bar to length, and then lump hammer it in - no bending is necessary.

FWIW: short (tied-in) pins are used to foot ladders but the ladder must also be tied-in near the top rungs.

To bend re-bar to various angles - slip a length of say 3/4" steel pipe over the re-bar, and bend from the appropriate point. Thats how its often done for footings and formwork.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, health and safety would have a fit over this idea.
Irrespective of HS, you just do not put obstacles at the bottom of ladders - full stop. If any of the lads leave anything at the bottom of ladders or steps, they get a rollicking.

You won't be able to get any tight neat bends without mechanical assistance. We usually trap one end then bend.

OK so don't use rebar then lol. I have a an ankalad stabiliser and ladder feet.

do people really slide down ladders?

I thought ladders either slid back or slid to the sides!

Yes, sliding down the stiles is a common & occasionally cause of accidents practice - if H&S see it they close the site down, and have a safety meeting. They could also impose fines.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back