Bending plastic covered oil pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to be able to make some accurate bends in 10mm plastic covered oil pipe (which has an overall OD of about 12mm).

Am I expecting too much? Maybe I should use plain pipe and a conventional bend tool (Rothenberg for example).

Any guidance much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Its much much more ductile and soft than regular pipe. Its very compliant to bending and has no real spring back. I would simply bend it around a former of some sort if you need an accurate shape. If course because its so soft you can distort the internal diameter but that doesn't really matter for oil unless you kink it badly. You can use elbows but best to avoid joints if possible.

I would like to be able to make some accurate bends in 10mm plastic covered oil pipe (which has an overall OD of about 12mm).

You can get a 12mm slide for a 15mm former in a Rothy/ Hilmor bender. I think I have one gathering dust in my old kit somewhere;) along with a spare bender. Of course the radius is bigger than a purpose made 10/12mm bender.

You can bend it round a hard former or a wood former with a shallow groove all the way round i made one or two some years ago and I use them on a regular basis

Sponsored Links
You could get an automotive brake pipe bender, if they go that wide.

Nozzle

15mm bending spring goes round the outside of the type with air slots in the PVC cover

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back