Benjamin Moore which white?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am thinking about trying Scuff X Satin or Advance Satin for the woodwork in my home but it seems BM don't do a Brilliant White. Anyone who uses it on here, which white did you choose please?

Sponsored Links
I thought Chantilly Lace was their purest white. The PM-1/OC-152 is in their 'off white' range.

Chantilly lace is the whitest. I always get that

Sponsored Links
Thanks everyone. Bit overwhelmed by all the whites to be honest after going down a YouTube rabbit hole :LOL:.

Yes seems Chantilly Lace is the whitest they do. I am leaning towards that but also Simply White as it seems it is a bit softer as it has a hint of yellow?

Wayners, have you used the Scuff X paint? If so was wondering how visible the brush marks are with it?

There are 7 whites available.

Yes I've used scuff-x. I mostly use mini roller or hvlp sprayer. It's a great paint

Chantilly lace is the whitest. I always get that

Like the original poster of this thread I'm thinking of doing my woodwork in Scuff-x Satin, but can't decide which white to go for between Chantilly Lace or Super White.

Are you getting good coverage with the Chantilly Lace Scuff-x?

I'm asking because I've read a few comments under a couple of Youtube videos that suggests Chantilly Lace doesn't cover as well as the Super White. Here is an example

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I don't have Super White to compare to but for what its worth I would agree that the coverage didn't seem great compared to other paints I have used in my limited experience being a DIYer. I did 1 coat of Zinsser Bullseye 123 and 2 coats of Chantilly Lace in the end. I have read some people saying you can just do 2 coats of Scuff X but personally don't think it would cover well enough.

But I am really happy with the colour of Chantilly Lace and the finish of Scuff X so I am happy to to do the 3 coats total.

Always undercoat to kill background colour.
One undercoat and 2 top coats. Coverage is not a problem if you prepare properly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back