Best Bathroom Ceiling Paint?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Just started our bathroom and had the ceiling plastered and its almost ready to paint. My neighbour said about using a exterior masonary paint. Is this a good idea or is there anything better available?

Sponsored Links
Acrylic eggshell is a good choice as it is extremly durable so if you have alot of condensation that builds up it will withstand it. Also it can be cleaned if need be. DIY shops sell vinyl silk and soft sheen as bathroom paint but if you go to a trade shop they will recommend a/eggshell.

For new plaster, if you decide on acrylic eggshell i would thin down the first coat with 10% water instead of using contract matt for the mist coat.

I surpose technically you could use masonry as its designed to work outside in the rain.

I recommend Zinsser Permawhite for any bathroom ceiling where there is the remotest chance of condensation/mould appearing. It can be tinted to most pastel tones.

Sponsored Links
I will second Emily's advice. I used Permawhite on my bathroom ceiling and upper wall, then tinted some for the wainscot.

It's excellent paint.

When I did my bathroom last year I used crown bathroom, although there are only a few colours they do white, still perfectly white and mold free :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back