Best direct electric water heaters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am considering replacing my broken Elson Coral E direct electric water heater. What would be the best alternative I should look at? I have seen options here: https://www.advancedwater.co.uk/group-088.html but it is hard to understand why prices vary from £500 - £1800 for same capacity water filter.

My criteria are:
1) Electric water heater
2) Double immersion element
3) 150l capacity
4) Support offpeak mode
5) Includes insulation
Optional:
Rectangular shape

What brands and models would you recommend to look at?

Thanks a lot
Sergejs

Sponsored Links
I'd have a word with Newark Copper Cylinders - <http://www.newarkcoppercylinder.co.uk/>. They'll make what you want and may well be familiar with the old one you are replacing. Things that I would consider first:

1) Electricity is the most expensive and carbon inefficient form of heating. Better off with mains gas or heat pump.
2) Direct vented systems are pretty out of date. Bottom of tank ideal for harbouring sludge and legionella. Instantaneous heaters and combi boilers are safer.
3) If you are using economy 7, you'll need a time clock for your heater. Make sure the heater clock syncs up with the clock on the electricity meter, sometimes these can be many hours slow or fast.

Don't know why some should be more expensive. Added gizmo's and just getting what they can. Unvented cylinders need to take more pressure and that can add to the cost. Some may claim to be more efficient. Electric immersion heaters with are all exactly 100% efficient but good insulation will allow you to keep more of that 100%.

Good luck.

A direct unvented cylinder could be considered,ok it will need extra plumbing to install.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back