Best grabbing adhesive sealant

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all - hoping for some sealant/adhesive recommendations from all the potions available out there. I’ve got a shower cubicle tray that had a bit of give when trod on, which overtime pulled it away from the wall tiles at the base and cracked the silicone. My fix was using a thick bead white CT1 (before their BT1 mould free was available) and it did well; held the shower tray in place and a good seal. But although the marketing says it won’t degrade it has, and all the edges have started to go dry and crack.

Does anyone know of a good sealant out there with really strong adhesive properties they’d recommend? Antifugal a plus although that often seems to be snake oil. Also needs to be white; I know sometimes a white option can be worse.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
How big is the gap? Use a regular silicone but make sure the joint area is suitably prepared, use a close cell backing rod?

Ideally you do need to fix the tray, it will crack and leak.

Anti fungal is not a snake oil, but the area does need to be cleaned and applied with a tool NOT a wet finger.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back