Best impact resistant bits?

I don't think the 50mm bits are meant to be used in the holder because they have a thinner shank which is designed for use directly in the chuck of the driver. I tend to use them for tight situations where I can't get a bit, holder and impact driver in and also where I need to drive (or more often remove) screws which are/have been sunk under.

I have found with apprentices that higher levels of breakage when using my impact driver have been down to the them not keeping the bit firmly in the recess in the head of the screw to maintain contact, or in other words they aren't keeping up with the driver and are smashing the bit to pieces as a result

Sponsored Links
Always considered them a disposable item , pack of twenty dewalt bits lasted about a year during house refurb. None wore out but most snapped.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Snap on impact driver bits are aptly named, they Snap Off. Unfortunately sometimes completely flush in a countersunk set screw whilst trying to remove the rocker shafts on a Suzuki, couldn't remove the broken bit as it was flush, couldn't drill the head out as the bit was too hard for the drill, 30 minute job ended up taking most of the afternoon, As much as I normally despise Draper I now use their impact driver bits as they twist but don't snap and just treat them as disposable items.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back