Best indoor coax to use

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had a new TV aerial fitted on my roof, a 4 way mast head amplifier in the loft, now I just need to drop cables down the walls inside bedrooms for portable TV's, downstairs has the quality coax fitted outside coming into the front room with the mast head amplifier psu, what is the best/most suitable type of cable that I should use for the bedrooms, it will be direct from amplifier to TV per bedroom, clipped to ceiling joists in loft ,then brought down in the most appropriate corner for each room, cable needs to be flexible enough for slight bends ,no sharp bends or kinks but enough to go into the TV at whatever angle it may need, some come out the bottom of the TV some come out the sides so didn't want a rigid coax, all cables will be internal, no need for any external routing, don't know if RG6 is suitable or whether I need CT100 ,i'm not in the best area for signal but it's not too bad, never suffered from ghosting, would I be best to get Webro make coax or would an alternative be alright.

Sponsored Links
That is why I asked here, foam filled or air filled for internal use ,one piece of info I read said CT100 hasn't been made since 2005 whether thats true or not, I don't know and the date on the bottom of that post says 2003,so I haven't just sat here hoping for someone else to do my work,I've looked at cable companies all round the web and up to date answers ,but nobody has listed their cable as better for internal use, my outside cable is foam filled so to stop the water ingress, I just wanted the info on the best suitable cable for the job in hand that I need and maybe the reasons why, should it still be shielded , several are now double shielded,is that neccesary inside a house ,that post certainly doesn't give those answers.

Satcure is always a good source of sensible info.

My view... If there's not much difference in price then buy something decent and move on.

Brown low-loss aerial cable is selling on Ebay for around £15 for a 50m roll. You might get a picture of the reel, or a line drawing of the cable end, but rarely do they show you the actual braid density or cable structure, so God knows what you're actually going to get when the stuff is delivered.

100m of WF100 can be bought for around £30 from reputable suppliers. Much better quality for about the same cost per metre. Why mess about with anything else? And if £30 is going to break the bank then...

Sponsored Links
It wasn't the price issue, one site had CT 100 more expensive than WF100, it was simply getting the best cable for my needs or whether the pros used different cable for different applications or just bought the good stuff and used it for most situations :)

WF100 or PF100 will do fine. You can tie (loose) knots in WF100 easily.

Just as a matter of fact , how good is CX 100 , sparky on the site has lent me a full 100m drum to use what I like from it, its copper shielded copper braided and copper cored and air foamed polyethylene dielectric , will this be good enough for standard digital TV in bedrooms, the free offer is there and thats what they have been using for linking up the TV boxes around the houses ,or would I still be better off with WF 100 ,I can get a reel of WF100 this weekend if it's not suitable , the cable components are pretty much identical in construction ? :) Also I intend to install Freesat HD when I get some spare time,My dish came supplied with proper twin/shotgun cable as used by sky, basically the whole kit is exactly the same as Sky fit, the twin cable will do me a HD Freesat PVR , if I want to run another two cables to normal freesat boxes ,what would be the best cable for this , pack is supplied with Zinwell Quad LNB , extra freesat boxes might never get installed but what single cable would be best for those boxes if I did :)

CX100 is a basic TV coax cable. OK for what your sparky is using is for and for tying ladders to roofracks ;) It's not suitable as a satellite cable (Sky/Freesat/Freesat HD).

The WF100 that we've been telling you about from the start is suitable as a satellite cable, as an aerial downlead, and as a cable for linking up TV distribution systems.

O.K ,thanks for this info , will save me getting up in the roof space twice,I'll get some Webro WF 100 this weekend and do it properly :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back