Best leaf blower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok im on the market for a leaf blower

Criteria
Not noisy (therefore preferable 4stroke)
Petrol driven (dont want pesky lead and lithium power not man enough yet)
Powerful blower essential
Mulch nice to have but not essential
Vacuum and blow option nice to have not essential

Few ive seen being a big Makita fan (scuse the pun)
Makita BHX2501
http://www.screwfix.com/p/makita-bhx2501-24-5cc-4-stroke-petrol-blower/78870

I read (As a right handed person it occasionally sucks trousers against the air intake) that's ok im left handed.

I want the back mounted version but it's 400sheets.

Honda do a nice one:
Honda HHB25

http://www.lawnmowersdirect.co.uk/p...wer-vacuums/honda-hhb-25-e-petrol-leaf-blower

And Stihl do an afforable back mount but it seems their whole range is 2 stroke.

At the moment it's a Rizzla between the Makita/Honda thoughts anyone or anything else to chuck in there?

Sponsored Links
Don't let the noise issue cloud your judgement - the Stihl BG range are very quiet indeed.
So, any of these makes will suit you, Honda, Makita or Stihl......but don't miss out on Husqvarna. They are all pretty good on the spares situation too, with Makita coming in fourth.
I don't go for the vacuum type though, the bag gets bloomin' heavy with wet leaves!
John :)

Thanks John so you would place Honda top of your list if so any reason in particular?

Sponsored Links
I tend to go for Stihl or Husqvarna but that's really only because there are big dealers near me.
I have a couple of Honda machines though (strimmers) and they have been fine - if maybe a little flimsy for trade use.
Makita are good machines too but I have had to wait a while for parts to come through.
See what the warranty is like on the machines, and which you prefer. The blowers I have are Stihl BG85s and these are hand held.....the air intake for the fan may brush against the clothes of a left handed person, I guess so that may be an issue that Ive never come across before.
I find the back pack machines are grand for all day work, but they are a faff to get on for 5 minutes work.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back