Best lever flush toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Looking to install a new toilet, but want one with a lever flush not a push button. I don't want a "Eurostyle" one nor a very traditional victorian one either. I've seen the Armitage shanks Sandringham and the Twyford Option online, but not "in the flesh" as it were.

Can anyone comment on these two as regards,
1) flush capacity
2) comfort
3) quality of finish of the porcelain

Or if you can recommend another one, that would be great too.

Thanks very much.

Sponsored Links
Get the Twyford Square range, I had this problem last year when I re-done my bathroom.

It is a lever flush, but a also put in a flapper valve into the cistern. Very happy with it, I got the basin to match.

Andy

Armitage and Twyfords, both well known, reputable brands, Ideal is another.

Chuck out the cistern innards, replace with Fluidmaster inlet and flush valves.

Flush valves, both dual flush with adjustable volume.:
Flapper valve, for which you will need to supply the handle:
pro71uk_flapperflushvalvekit_240.png

Cable flush valve:
pro750uk_proleverdualflushvalve_240.png

Comfort depends on various factors; size of butt, time spent, seat bought (you can get cushioned loo seats).

Also consider quality of the actual flush. I have a loo from victoria plumb which is useless - 9 litres of water, but it just flows into the bowl in a unorganised and insipid way and does very little good. Now the little 6litre Wickes toilet I installed flushes properly, with a proper cascade action forcing everything down and out.

Sponsored Links
Victoria Plumb.
24.gif

The phrase that includes the words 'touch' and 'bargepole' springs to mind.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back