A good toilet?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can anyone please recommend a good toilet/wc model or brand? Previous recent purchase is oddly small, impossible to get a replacement toilet seat for that fits, and has a poor flush.
Criteria are: close couple, exposed (i.e. not concealed cistern), dual flush or water-saving but flush still does the job when you need it to, reasonably traditional/normal looking (not McDonald's style futuristic look and not elaborate faux-Victorian), standard size/shape toilet seat (so easy to get replacement wooden one if it comes with white plastic).

Syphon flush with a lever might be nice and then could add one of those flapper devices but lever syphon flush toilets don't seem to be very readily available.

Currently thinking of the Sandringham 21 which seems to be available from some places as a syphon with lever handle:
https://www.tradetaps.com/armitage-...ottom-supply-and-internal-overflow-white.html

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Are you looking for close-coupled or low-level? (You said close-coupled in your post but your link is to low-level)

Wickes Portland toilet is a steal at the price and has good quality working parts.

Comes with a flimsy seat, spend the money saved on a good one.

Sponsored Links
Wickes Portland toilet is a steal at the price and has good quality working parts.

Comes with a flimsy seat, spend the money saved on a good one.

Thanks, will look it up. But that's what we thought we'd do last time and couldn't get a nice seat to fit it: the seat was so thin that there wasn't room for a thicker seat without the seat being pushed too far forward or not staying upright when it was open.

Homebase usually have a good stock of Sandringham21’s to take away but I bought the 51 as I prefered the style over the other.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back