Cistern lid doesn't fit, warped?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have just tackled replacing the soil pipe to the stack successfully and fitted a new Armitage shanks Sandringham 21 toilet. However the cistern lid seems to be warped, is this common? It just doesn't sit on top of the cistern properly and wobbles.

I'm a bit gutted to be honest, all that hard work and the fiddly dual flush mechanism, and it's a warped cistern lid that ruins the day!

Armitage shanks is a good make isn't it? Have I just been unlucky?

Thanks

Richard

Sponsored Links
Just unlucky you get the odd faulty cistern/pan now/then.
Contact who you got it from and they'll replace the lid

Contact who you got it from and they'll replace the lid
Which will probably not fit, also.

In the good old days cistern shells and lids would be kept together after leaving the molds due to the pliable nature of the china 'til it had set. It meant any movement of one was replicated by t'other.

My Lecico is the same. Cured by using self-adhesive cushioned pads.

Sponsored Links
Sometimes you have to pack the cistern away from the wall slightly, with a washer or similar, to get the lid to fit properly... just an idea

More often I have found this with cheaper toilets rather a reputable brand like Armitage. As mentioned you could just be unlucky... now will you need a new lid or a new cistern?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back