Best method/pipework

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if asked before, i tried the search and didnt find the answer. I will be doing a bathroom extension next year. Demolishing old bathroom extension and starting again. All previous pipework will be capped off at junction of existing house until i build the new one.
In most peoples opinion, will i be best going for soldered joints, compression joints or even plastic speedfit type. There will be 1x rad, bath, sink, toilet and shower( ran from combi boiler).
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Nothing wrong with any when done properly.

It's probably likely that access to get it soldered might be an issue?

I suppose it depends if you’re concealing the pipework, If you are, then probably not best using compression.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Swwils and CBW. I have done soldered and compression before, but didnt know if times have changed peoples opinions a little.
Beam and block floor and stud walls that i can access from outside for sink, shower and toilet.
Materials cost would be a factor, example, one may have more expensive parts but not as many, or maybe a different way needs a lot more parts but they are cheaper.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back