Bathroom pipework

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am refitting new bathroom/pipework... 1960 bungalow.
Toilet/basin/bath all along one wall so pipework comes into room from under the bath hot/cold gravity fed, except, on the opposite wall an obtrusive pipe comes down the wall and under the bath which is mains fed only to the bath cold tap. Can I cap that pipe in the loft and get rid of pipework and have all the taps gravity fed from the loft tanks?

Sponsored Links
you can, but if you do you may want to think about putting a large enough cold water tank in so that it won't run dry when the washing machine / dishwasher and bath are all being run at the same time. You may also suffer from low pressure with the head of water not being very high in a bungalow compared with the mains feed.

Better to have all your cold supplies off the main as in better pressure at the taps :D

Sponsored Links
The pressure to the basin cold and kitchen sink cold seems adequate, curious as well as why just the cold to the bath is from the mains. (not the basin or kitchen sink)
I could plumb it up as it is now but it's the unsightly vertical pipe I would like to get rid of. The storage tank is quite high in the loft as it is centred and proped on framework.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back