Best place to buy 200 square meters of patio slabs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have just measured up the patio area we want to replace around the house and it comes to an eye watering 200 square meters and possibly a bit more.

I have been looking at natural stone as I want it to last a long time without losing the colour. My builder has obtained a price from his regular builders merchant of £26 inc vat per square metre for a local supplier called Stonemarket (based in Coventry) to supply their 'Marketstone Autumn' natural slabs.

As we need 200 plus square meters I need to get this price down. Any recommendations for an alternative supplier for natural stone that you have used? I can see cheaper stuff online but no idea about quality and if I source the slabs any quality issues will come back on me not the builder.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Steve,
Price of course all depends on what Stone you are after - Raj Green or York stone are both natural but have a massive price difference.
So perhaps £26/m2 incVAT is very good - especially when local to you (meaning you do not have to buy surplus to cover any breakage, which you would have to do for a distant supplier) and has your builders approval and his experience of laying (which is worth a lot).

So I would be tempted to pay the £26/m2, but if wanting to check out others I found the following supplier (near Peterborough) who did well at a good price for me (as a DIYer).
http://www.primethorpepaving.co.uk
SFK

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice and info SFK and Mike. I will have a look through the sites you have mentioned.

Cheers
Steve

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back